• Resolved xXGrime

(@xxgrime)

Hi i have been getting 404 errors only on custom post types. I have tried many things like resetting the permalink structure and turning off all my plugins. Nothing seems to work. The error is random and i know the post exist. I have had this problem since wordpress 3.4.2. I am using the latest version of gamepress from alexs site. Any ideas what it could be and how to fix it?

Use this page to recreate the error. Once on that page just click through all the links(they all lead to the custom post type video) and you will eventually get a 404 error. Click that same link again and it will load no problem.
    http://betatv.net/2-broke-girls/

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Theme Author alex27

(@alex27)

It doeasn’t make sense, that you get 404 at random or ‘eventually’. First thing I would do though is to rule out faulty plugins. Did you try disabling your plugins?

Thread Starter xXGrime

(@xxgrime)

Thats what i thought alex it makes no sense. Yes i did. I tested on a fresh install as well. I also checked with my host to see if my resources were running low because that can cause the symptoms i am seeing but they said that they detect no issues and that everything was running fine.

Theme Author alex27

(@alex27)

I just opend all the links on this page and didn’t ancounter 404 at all. I’m sorry, but I don’t think I’ll be able to help you out with this issue, and I have really strong suspicion that it’s not theme related.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘404 errors on custom post videos?’ is closed to new replies.