WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

404 Errors after upgrading to 2.7 (34 posts)

1. provirtual
    Posted 5 years ago #

I had the same issue. Oddly, I changed the setting back to the default permalink, saved, then changed it again to the (month/name) option. Then it worked.

Bizaare.

2. darerock
    Posted 5 years ago #

A possible solution to this that worked for me with a new install of 2.7.1 was under Admin > Settings > Permalink Structure > Optional, I'd removed my custom structures for both the category and tag URL, then clicked 'Save Changes' and it worked.....finally.

So, for me, I was getting 404's on all my category pages and single posts. Although, home page was fine, and single pages (not posts) were fine too.

3. Csternal
    Posted 5 years ago #

I'm having the same problem with some of the blogs I manage and can't figure out why I can't change the permalinks. Only the default (post_ID) works. everything else gives a 404 error for all pages including the home page.

AlanthonyC - When you said you updated the .htaccess what specifically did you do. I've tried just about everything mention on this thread and others to fix this without any luck. I even disabled all plugins and reset to the default theme. No luck. The only thing I haven't done is mess with the server/database/hosting company. I'm a newbie so lots of details and specifics are appreciated.

Thanks,

Chrisanne

4. negs
    Posted 4 years ago #

I am having the same problem on a new wordpress install. The first thing I always do when I set up a new site with wordpress is to change the permalink structure, so I haven't installed any plugins. Though I havn't removed hello dolly yet.

Please fix - i love wordpress but I can't use it if this doesn't work!

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic