WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

404 error with event page (1 post)

1. Pirchner
    Posted 2 years ago #

I know this problem has appeared more than once in the past and I really don't want to be a PITA (at least not more than necessary ;-)) but Events Manager 404 problem has been giving me a hard time for the last couple of days.

The setup is:
    Site: http://www.jungephilharmonie.at
    WP 3.3.1 (DE version)
    EM 5.1.5
    Manhattan Child Theme 1.0 by StudioPress on
    Genesis 1.8 Framework by StudioPress

Had the same problem before (since 5.1.3 if I remember correctly), did a complete de-install (including database clean-up) and re-installed EM.
    Changed the event page to "Termine" (it's a page, not a post) and the slug to "veranstaltungen".
    Changed the Events Manager settings accordingly.
    Now current events are shown in the bottom left box on the homepage and link correctly to the single event page.

If I click on "Termine" though I get the dreaded 404 error.
    If I open the Termine page in the WP admin area the box at the top of the page tells me that this is the Events Manager event page. The URL is okay.

custom permalink is set to /index.php/%postname% (it doesn't work without the "index.php" on this vServer. Switching to default permalink would solve the problem but the results are dead ugly and not very SE friendly.
    (I had to switch to default permalinks because the site is live and the events are core content.)

Btw. Twenty11 theme produces the same error.

So how do I get rid of the 404 problem and still use the custom permalink?
    Any ideas?
    Help is very much appreciated!

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic