Support » Plugin: Google Content Experiments » 404 Error while clicking Update for a Page after adding GCE code.

• optimized-marketing

(@optimized-marketingcom)

It seems like there have been a lot of other people having issues with Publishing/Updating Pages after adding GCE code. I don’t receive a helpful error message, it just displays the WP 404 error page.

This only happens when I put valid GCE code into the plugin. If I remove the JS portion of the GCE code and just have <script>test</script> it doesn’t break.

I have used this plugin many time without an issues. This issue seemed to only happen after migrating to a server with higher security setting.

Is anyone aware of this plugin or google content experiment code conflicting with server security? I am not totally sure how the content experiment code is handled by this plugin during the update process. I would think it would just save it to the DB and not actually have any conflict with WP.

Thanks
    Greg

https://wordpress.org/plugins/google-content-experiments/

[ Please do not bump, that’s not permitted here. ]

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Thread Starter optimized-marketing

So there are Server Security Rules which block Google Content Experiment code. They are apart of ModSecurity/mod_security. Your Hosting Company should be able to make the necessary changes needed to allow GCE Code work.

I’m having the same issue, but my host doesn’t know how to adjust these security rules. Are you able to provide any more specific suggestions about how to get GCE to work? Thanks!

Thread Starter optimized-marketing

In my case the hosting company had to change the security rule. It was specifically mod_security rule ID’s 220020 and 212015.

If they don’t know how to do that, it might be time to look for another hosting company.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘404 Error while clicking Update for a Page after adding GCE code.’ is closed to new replies.