WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

404 error when trying to install? (6 posts)

1. misskatiemo
    Posted 1 year ago #

I'm trying to install 3.6 on my new domain (katiemorse.com). It's hosted with Verio, and I uploaded WP to the www folder using FileZilla.

The wp-config.php file seems to be correct, there's a "wordpress" database with no tables in it yet (since the install hasn't completed), and it appears that I've followed the directions correctly... but no dice!

I'd love some help figuring this out!

2. Chris
    Posted 1 year ago #

You need to setup your database as well so the install can talk to the database. The install process will guide you through the installation.

Th setup your database go into your control panel / cpanel.

Really need more information to help you out, so contact me if you require further help.

3. misskatiemo
    Posted 1 year ago #

Chris - thanks for your response.

I should have been clearer in my initial post. I used myPHPAdmin to create a SQL database called 'wordpress'.

My host doesn't offer CPanel, so I checked the database privileges from within MyPHPAdmin, and the user (myself) was already listed with full permissions. Those user details (mine) match the details in the wp-config.php file.

4. Chris
    Posted 1 year ago #

Delete the Wpconfig file and re-run the WordPress Install.
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress#Famous_5-Minute_Install

Do you get any errors while running the installer?

If you have further problems get in contact with us and we can install it for you. Cheers.

5. govpatel
    Posted 1 year ago #

seems as if you have place holder in your root you need to rename or delete the file May be a index.html file

6. misskatiemo
    Posted 1 year ago #

I'm slowly figuring it out... now dealing with table errors, but it's progress! Thanks for your help. It was the folder that needed to be changed, I was uploading the files into the wrong folder originally.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.