WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

404 Error when saving plugin settings or media meta data (2 posts)

1. WP Monkey
    Posted 2 years ago #

I have been working on this website for awhile then noticed one day that when I changed some meta information for a photo (Title) and clicked Update that I got a 404 error and the new information was not saved.

I also cannot update settings for plugins. Same thing, 404 error.

I can however add new photos and update poss and pages.

I noticed that the backups for the site went from 35MB to about 402MB around the same time I started seeing the problem. I've added about 10-15 new photos, but they were low resolution and I wouldn't think that they would cause a 10x increase.

I tried optimizing my tables via ManageWP, didn't fix it.

Scanning through similar threads, I found information and increasing the memory limit by adding define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '96M'); to the wp-config.php and wp-settings.php files. This did not work.

I also created a php.ini file in the site's /public_html folder with the code memory_limit = 92M in it.

I've read some threads about some server security mod updates and fixes, but couldn't find specific code. Would I need to talk to my host about this?

Any thoughts on how to solve this would be greatly appreciated.

2. WP Monkey
    Posted 2 years ago #

I also checked my error.log file and noticed these lines that were written the day the problem started:

[01-Jul-2012 20:09:51] PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 262198 bytes) in /home3/<username>/public_html/SRCS/wp_srcs/wp-includes/functions.php on line 316
    [02-Jul-2012 21:19:17] PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 8192 bytes) in /home3/<username>/public_html/SRCS/wp_srcs/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-file-monitor-plus/classes/wpfmp.class.php on line 296
    [03-Jul-2012 19:50:06] PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 262189 bytes) in /home3/<username>/public_html/SRCS/wp_srcs/wp-includes/functions.php on line 316

When I look at line 316 in the wp-includes/functions.php file it is:

314  function maybe_serialize( $data ) {
    315	if ( is_array( $data ) || is_object( $data ) )
    316		return serialize( $data );

While the line 296 in the wpfmp.class.php file is blank.... do I need to view the code without comments somehow to get the right executed line (I'm using Dreamweaver).

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags