WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

404 error when clicking comments or post title (2 posts)

1. mtnbikechk
    Posted 5 years ago #

I have created http://www.lifecoach321.com/ for a friend. After solving a pretty permalink issue, I thought my 404 error issues were done. So, I installed Akismet then WordPress.com Stats. Upon checking comments link I received the dreaded 404 error. I also get that message when I click the post title.

I had installed Akismet a few days ago with an API key but deleted it thinkint it was my comments issue. Turned out it was my permalinks. So, today I reinstalled/activated Akismet and it remembered my API key. So, feeling bold I installed/activated SordPress.com Stats. It told me that the API key was associated with lifecoach321.com. I selected to add this blog.

That's when I noticed my 404 error when clicking post title and comments. I deleted both akismet and WordPress Stats but the problem did not fix itself.

Any help is much appreciated.

2. mtnbikechk
    Posted 5 years ago #

Ok, once again Blue Host comes through with a solution. It was my permalinks again. Basically we selected a standard permalink, saved the changes, then wrote my custom permalink again and saved changes. This fixed the 404 error pages I was getting in the comments link and post title.

I reinstalled Akismet and it remembered my API key again. I installed WordPress Stats and chose the third option when I selected my website. I don't remember what that one was called.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic