WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

404 error, possible server wipe? (1 post)

1. randominuyasha
    Posted 1 year ago #

Recently I went to post something on my blog and found that the permalink that was generated led to a 404 not found error. Except the URL this error displays isn't complete and is lacking the main part of what makes it work.

The site is playtilyoudrop.rocketdemon.com and while the main site is accessible, the problems upon going there are immediately obvious. There should be a background and thumbnails, yet there are none. Attempting to go to any of the pages produces this error message:

"The requested URL /the-game-list/ was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

The page name is listed between the backslashes, yet there is no actual URL. And it happens with ever post, every page, and every category, making the website effectively useless.

I asked a friend and he said it's possible the server could have been wiped, but I have no idea if this is the cause or not, and either way I'm clueless on how to fix it since I don't know how to code and I'm not the owner of the site. I ran all this by the owner and he doesn't know what to do either, so everyone seems to be in the dark on this one.

I'd really appreciate any help that's offered to me, because I really want to get this back up and running again as soon as possible. I'd hate for my project to be ruined because of something like this.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic