WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

404 error only on stats page (36 posts)

1. bloggitivity
    Posted 2 years ago #

Okay, very weird error here. Even weirder since it started happening on both my blogs at the same time (everything was fine earlier today).

So I'm on the dashboard, I can see the "preview" or the "mini view" of the Site Stats just fine. I can click on View All and get the usual site. However, when I click on a single day (clicking on the respective bar in the stats graph), I am taken to the respective blog's 404 error page.

Everything else is working fine on both blogs. Both are using 3.3.1, by the way, and both getting the stats through Jetpack 1.2.2.
    Stats are still being collected, as I can see in the "mini view" and the stats dashboard. I just can't get to the detailed daily view.

Does anyone have an idea what could cause this?

The blogs:

http://www.nevermindthebuzzkills.com
    http://www.onethousandmonkeys.net

2. Monkeyboy
    Posted 2 years ago #

I'm having exactly the same problem, and like you, it's suddenly just happened. Stats are showing fine on the dashboard widget, and on the main stats page, but clicking on an individual day throws up a 404 error.

3. meetwp
    Posted 2 years ago #

Same issue.
    Only on specific days.
    The wp-admin/admin.php?page=stats works fine.
    Using WP 3.2.1 and Jetpack 1.2.2

4. sdutton
    Posted 2 years ago #

Ditto with me. Started today sometime and still that way. WP 3.3.1 and JP 1.2.2.

5. Wade Kwon
    Posted 2 years ago #

Same problem on my sites, all up to date on WP and JP.

6. sk8agrrl
    Posted 2 years ago #

I'm having the same problem. Worked fine three days ago when last checked. Have changed *nothing*. No plugin updates and only one post added (four days ago).

7. angadsingh06
    Posted 2 years ago #

I am Using WordPress 3.1.2 (as my Webhost is still stuck to Mysql 4.x) and I am also facing this Problem..

Last Night my Site started showing 502 error and facing problem ever since... I have done nothing new, neither installed nor upgraded any plugin or theme.... After the Problem I have deleted and reinstalled Jetpack.... still no solution...

Is that 502 error and this problem related... My site has also become slow since last night....
    Jetpack on one site is 1.2.2 and on other is 1.1.3

8. mycroft1854
    Posted 2 years ago #

Same here. Shall we expect a Jetpack update?

9. bloggitivity
    Posted 2 years ago #

Little update:

On the Site Stats page, I can click on "views today" and get to the usual detailed view.
    Clicking on a single day in the "mini view" or on the graph still gives me the 404 error.

Here is the difference:

Clicking on "views today" gets me to a .../wp-admin/admin.php?page=stats&... url
    Clicking on a bar in the graphic gets me to a .../my-stats/?... url (and the 404 error)

The "..." part is the same again in both urls

So there still is a way to view the details. But I'm still not sure why the usual way no longer works.

10. gkontos
    Posted 2 years ago #

The correct url should be:

wp-admin/admin.php?page=stats&blog='blogid'&day=2012-01-21

instead we get redirected to:

my-stats/?blog='blogid&day=2012-01-21

This first occurred yesterday. It is obvious that the url path is served dynamic.

11. angadsingh06
    Posted 2 years ago #

I have Found the Temp Solution to the Problem on the internet... Hope they fix wordpress soon
    Click here, The site is called techgoggles

12. Aushiker
    Posted 2 years ago #

Hi

Getting the same problem for the last 24 hours.

Andrew

13. vost514
    Posted 2 years ago #

I too am having this problem with Jetpack stats. WordPress 3.3. Jetpack 1.2.2. It just began happening in the past 24-48 hours.

14. jasetaro
    Posted 2 years ago #

Same here, started late yesterday.

15. Matt Moran
    Posted 2 years ago #

Me too - 5 different sites simultaneously started with this error. I just noticed this AM. I know that a few days ago it was working.

16. Gluten Freely Frugal
    Posted 2 years ago #

Having the exact same problem. I pinned the timing to when I upgraded Genesis to 1.8. Anyone else here using Genesis?

17. eonhoney
    Posted 2 years ago #

I'm getting the same errors with JetPack.

Jetpack stats are referring to a bad location for the files. in my case - it SHOULD be:

sitename/wordpress/wp-admin/admin.php?page=stats&blog=30737063&day=2012-01-22

But instead - is now trying to link to:

sitename/wp-admin/admin.php?page=stats&blog=30737063&day=2012-01-22

Note that it is eliminating the "/wordpress/ directory from it's links.

Dunno what happened to change it - but with the widespread errors, I don't believe it to be our sites.. I believe it's somewhere on JetPack's side.

18. jasetaro
    Posted 2 years ago #

Yes, WordPress 3.3.1, Genesis 1.8, Jetpack 1.2.2, I just tried switching back to the default Twenty Eleven theme and problem persists so I don't think it's Genesis related.

19. redcocker
    Posted 2 years ago #

Same problem on my sites.

I'm using WordPress 3.3.1 and Jetpack 1.2.2

20. sandandsky
    Posted 2 years ago #

I'm having the same problem also.

I'm using WordPress 3.3.1 and Jetpack 1.2.2 as well.

21. TheMarque
    Posted 2 years ago #

I am having the exact same annoying problem on all of my WordPress sites (7 of them). 404 page for specific day site states.

22. Nopy
    Posted 2 years ago #

I'm having the same problem as everyone else. It only started happening a couple days ago.

23. Sue
    Posted 2 years ago #

I have had this exact happening too for about 2 or 3 days; with the clicking of the column bar taking me to the whoops page. I thought it was because I did an update on my Headway, but they don't think it is their issue and since I see it here, it must be wordpress!

24. Monkeyboy
    Posted 2 years ago #

I was thinking... maybe it has to do with the fireworks for the 2011 Annual Report. Perhaps a stray firework has ricocheted into the wordpress.com server room, and caused a malfunction. ;)

25. unicron
    Posted 2 years ago #

Still waiting for a fix for this. Been happening for days for me and I haven't updated anything in awhile.

Also trying to go to a /my-stats/ url that doesnt exist. If I rewrite it by hand to use wp-admin, it works.

26. Schwarttzy
    Posted 2 years ago #

This needs to be fixed bad... making things a pain

27. vost514
    Posted 2 years ago #

Just wanted to note that I am no longer having this issue. I am now now able to view the detailed stats for whatever day I choose without getting a 404 error. Many thanks to whomever fixed this problem.

28. Gluten Freely Frugal
    Posted 2 years ago #

It's fixed for me too. Thank you to whomever is responsible!!!

29. sandandsky
    Posted 2 years ago #

My sites are fixed as well. Thank you!

30. Aushiker
    Posted 2 years ago #

All fixed for me. Much appreciated.

Thanks
    Andrew

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags