I have searched and googled through these forums and the WP trac tickets and still cannot find anything that works.
- Static landing page for site, blog located on /blog/ using page template with custom query and pagination included.
<?php $temp = $wp_query; $wp_query= null; $wp_query = new WP_Query(); $wp_query->query('showposts=10&cat=14,7,4,3,1,16,17,23'.'&paged='.$paged); while ($wp_query->have_posts()) : $wp_query->the_post(); ?>
- Query ended
<?php $wp_query = null; $wp_query = $temp;?>
- custom permalinks set to /blog/%category%/%postname%-%post_id%.html.
- Any pages that are put as children of "Blog" return 404.
- Navigating to "Older Entries" returns 404 on /blog/page/2/, however completely unstyled and unregulated query displays at /page/2/
- Setting "Blog pages show at most" in WP Admin to any number (less, same as query, more) still returns 404.
- Every single rewrite.php hack mentioned here: http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6603, returns a 404.
- Permalink migration plugins return a 404.
There has GOT to be a solution as there are many people trying to use this same set-up. Anybody?