• Resolved Zaralene

(@zaralene)

Hi,

I migrated a website to a new domain with WordPress importer and Montezuma importer. Almost everything works, except for the pages. If I click a page I get a 404 error.
    So I installed Velvet Blues Update Url’s Plugin to make sure all settings were fine.
    No result, the pages just won’t work. I created a new page, added this to my top menu, and that gives an error too. Is there anyone here that can help me please? Here is my new website:
    http://www.trendpersmixmedia.nl/

This is the old one: http://creacont.nl/

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Thread Starter Zaralene

(@zaralene)

By the way, I tried with another theme, same result, pages give me 404 error.

We cannot access your new site…

Thread Starter Zaralene

(@zaralene)

I am sorry, it should work now.

Your posts links are also broken. Have you re-saved your Permalink structure? Or checked with your hosts that mod_rewrite is running on your new server?

Thread Starter Zaralene

(@zaralene)

I imported all settings from the other site. I have no clue what mod-rewrite is… can you please explain?

Did you follow all of the relevant instructions in Moving_WordPress?

Thread Starter Zaralene

(@zaralene)

No, I didn’t, I had no idea it was going to be as complicated as this with scripts and php stuff, this goes way beyond my head and takes a lot of time to figure it out. I was hoping to save time. It would probably be better if I just remove everything and then create the new site like a completely new site? Or is it easier than I think it is?

The easiest method would be to first delete all of the content from the new site. Then go back to the old site and run Tools -> Export – remembering to ensure that “All content” is selected. Once the export file has been created, you can import the content into the new site using Tools -> Import.

Thread Starter Zaralene

(@zaralene)

Okay, I logged in on my hostserver and did a sync on ht access, it works now. Thanks for your support Esmi

Oh – a much better solution! 🙂

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘404 error on pages after migration’ is closed to new replies.