Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Plugin Contributor photocrati

(@photocrati)

@grace Massa Langlois – Can you provide a link to your site where you are using the Medis RSS Feed so we can see this issue ourselves?

– Cais.

Thread Starter Grace Massa Langlois

(@miavitadolce)

Good Afternoon Cais,

I believe I have the media rss feed chosen in the settings but I haven’t a clue how to get to it but I keep receiving a 404 crawl error from Google for this url – http://gracessweetlife.com/wp-content/plugins/nextgen-gallery/xml/media-rss.php.

Sorry I really haven’t a clue how this plugin works. My developer installed it when I had the site designed. I’m sure it has a ton of wonderful features but I really don’t know what or how to use any of the them.

This is the setting that is currently checked under Gallery, Other Options, Miscellaneous:

Add MediaRSS link? Yes

When enabled, adds a MediaRSS link to your header. Third-party web services can use this to publish your galleries.

I think with my redesign I will probably upgrade to the Pro Version so that I can ask for more personal support and hopefully learn how to use the features.

Grace

Plugin Contributor photocrati

(@photocrati)

@grace Massa Langlois – As the “Add MediaRSS link” seems to have been carried over from NextGEN Legacy, and to be honest I really don’t know exactly what it does I would suggest simply setting it to No to see if this sorts out the “crawl” issue you are experiencing.

– Cais.

Thread Starter Grace Massa Langlois

(@miavitadolce)

Hi Cais,

Any way I can edit this thread to remove the link? Google is showing a crawl error for the media rss file and they keep reporting it because others have linked to this thread.

Grace

Plugin Contributor photocrati

(@photocrati)

@grace Massa Langlois – Unfortunately that is beyond this account’s privileges to edit your past responses.

– Cais.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘404 Error for Media RSS Feed’ is closed to new replies.