WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

404 error, 500 error, page problems, slowness - not fixed by changing .htaccess (3 posts)

1. LatexFanClub
    Posted 8 years ago #

OK I'm using WordPress 2.0.2 and have a site with quite a lot of pages. I've recently changed the directory the site resides in.

I now find I'm having difficulty creating new pages. Often when I try to create a page after clicking "Create New Page" I get an error 500 and usually the page that has been created gives an error 404 when you try to view it. Very occasionally it does successfully create the page.

Sometimes when I create a page it behaves as if the page has been created without problems and I can edit the page, but if I click on it to view it again I get an error 404. And, again, very occasionally it works fine.

I see from other posts that some people have fixed this by either rebuilding their .htaccess file or CHMODDING it to 644 or 666. I have tried all these approaches with no success.

Also the site is generally quite slow to view (this may be caused my some PHP on the front of the site, I'm trying to work it out) and in the administrative pages.

I would seriously appreciate some help on this one!

2. paulwylie
    Posted 8 years ago #

I too am having the same problem when trying to create a page I recieve an error 404. I chaged the permissions on the .htaccess from 644 to 666 thinking this might be the cause it is not. I have successfully added pages before with no problems

Any help with this would be appreciated.

3. paulwylie
    Posted 8 years ago #

The problem solved. I simply updated the htaccess and the page appeared. I may have to update after each page created

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic