WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

403/500 error when posting comment when user isn't logged in (6 posts)

1. enlaceflorida
    Posted 5 years ago #

I have installed wordpress.org version 2.7.1.
    When I try to post a comment without being logged in, I get the 403 server error message i.e
    " 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.
    You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied"
    or the 500 server error message i.e
    " 500 - Internal server error.
    There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed".
    And the strange thing is I don't get it the first time I post the comment without being logged in but I get it from the second time.

I think this is a server authentication issue - I tried several things to fix this.
    1) My wordpress is installed on godaddy and i enabled anonymous authentication but that didn't work.
    2) I tried the .htaccess file - which seemed to have resolved 403 errors during log -in but in vain.
    3) I tried to fix it at the code level but couldn't do it.

I would be grateful to anyone who could help me with this.
    Thank you.

2. enlaceflorida
    Posted 5 years ago #

I now get the error messages even if I am logged in

3. Go Daddy
    Go Daddy Support
    Posted 5 years ago #

It could be a few things. Please let me know the domain name so that I can check it out. Thanks!

4. enlaceflorida
    Posted 5 years ago #

@GDHosting

The domain name is
    http://collegegoalsundayflorida.org/wordpress/

By the way - I have the issue only when a user is not logged in and is trying to post a comment- so i guess some authentication issue on the server. I appreciate your help. Thank you so much.

5. Klutzys1
    Posted 5 years ago #

I too am getting the 500 error. I am running 2.7 and my site is: http://www.the-fly-on-the-wall.com

Thanks tammy

6. Redcentaur
    Posted 5 years ago #

This could be an issue caused by a few things. If you are using a hosted server it could be that your PHP install does not have sufficient memory. You can up this by editing php.ini in your root to increase the memory. If you don't see php.ini there, you can put one in your wp-admin area with the only line being:
    memory=30MB

Regards

Glenn

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic