WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

[resolved] 403 Forbidden PLEASE HELP! (17 posts)

1. Mary Jane
    Posted 2 years ago #

I really messed up, I moved or did something with a htacces file or something like that and now when i visit my site i get " Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /jb on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. "

What can I do?

2. Mary Jane
    Posted 2 years ago #

So now that ive deleted the htacces off the dictionary the main pag (/jb) works but not any page off of that (jb/inbox) i will get a 404 on those

3. Without know what you DID to cause the problem, it's really hard to tell you how to fix it.

What is this folder /jb? Is it where you installed WP or is it your home directory?

4. Mary Jane
    Posted 2 years ago #

Yeah its where I installed wordpress, The regualr domain is where i have my intro, you can see if you goto it after the flash intro it will redirect you to jb

5. For GODS SAKE turn off autoplay on your intro! That's just ... It's annoying as hell.

Turn off pretty permalinks (use the ?p=...) ones. Do those work?

6. Mary Jane
    Posted 2 years ago #

Haha I know lol :P i made it a long time ago when I was like 12 and just was too lazy to change.

Sorry I sound like a complete idiot but how do I turn them off? I rememebr when I first started the site I had to change em but Idr anymore, Do i need to manualy go into the dash and change the URL'S?

7. are you actually using multisite?

8. Mary Jane
    Posted 2 years ago #

Nvm I got it and it worked!!!! :D thanks Ipsteni but is there and way I can get back to my reg linkS?

9. Mary Jane
    Posted 2 years ago #

Nvm again I got the normal ones lol thanks so much dude!

10. Resaving them should have rewritten the htaccess for ya ;) Just wanted to see if it was that or something otherwise weird.

11. Mary Jane
    Posted 2 years ago #

MY site is now loading slow as hell, is that a result of this?

12. Unlikely.

13. Mary Jane
    Posted 2 years ago #

Ok thanks

14. Mary Jane
    Posted 2 years ago #

(RESOLVED) Please remove, when you search for my site on google this is in the first page and i would like it if it didnt,thanks

15. FYI, generally we don't remove your links unless there;s a good reason. If you post it online, Google will find it. That's a basic rule of thumb.

16. Mary Jane
    Posted 2 years ago #

I beg of you guys to please remove because its one of the first links and this makes me look unprofessional and I really would appreciate it

17. Search this post for your domain. You won't find it. I did it when I posted that we DON'T generally do it.

(If you're worried about not looking professional and you STILL have music auto-playing on your site, you should adjust your priorities. If someone googles your site and sees 'Oh, Mary Jane needed help and found it.' that's actually not UNprofessional at all. That shows you're working on making it better.)

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.