WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

[resolved] 403 Forbidden page (5 posts)

1. jpinney1
    Posted 2 years ago #

Recently I purchased a new domain explorationaddiction from 1and1. I already have a hosting service with WebhostingPad so I redirected the domain to my current server, adding it as an Addon Site in the C Panel. I also loaded a WP theme under the new domain in the Cpanel.

However, as you can see when you click on the link, I can only navigate to a 403 Forbidden page. I have no idea how to fix this as I have never used WP before.

Can anyone offer some advice?

Thanks.

2. esmi
    Forum Moderator
    Posted 2 years ago #

What urls did you use to install WordPress?

3. jpinney1
    Posted 2 years ago #

I'm afraid I'm not quite sure what you mean. To install it I first downloaded my theme of choice from WordPress.org to my computer. I then uploaded the zip file under the addon domain of explorationaddiction.com. So to navigate to the WP file I open file manager, click on Document root for explorationaddiction.com, select public_html, select explorationaddiction and then the WP file shows up on the main work area of the screen.

Does that clarify?

4. esmi
    Forum Moderator
    Posted 2 years ago #

Have you installed WordPress on the remote server yet? If so, what site url/domain name did you enter when you installed it?

5. jpinney1
    Posted 2 years ago #

Good question, and following that line of thinking I checked out how I had set up the database. It was a problem with the address (I had included wp as part of the URL when setting it up). I deleted the instillation and reinstalled it without the wp addition. Seems to be working well now. Thanks!

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic