• Kal

(@mjohnson025)

Hi all. I have searched high and low for this bug over the last two weeks. When a user clicks the logout button on my site, it does indeed log them out, but it redirects them to a 403 forbidden page.
    This is the link that shows up on logout: http://www.thetamrieltraveler.com/wp-login.php?action=logout&_wpnonce=d48623f22c&redirect_to=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thetamrieltraveler.com%2F

A point of interest, the logout “button” isn’t actually a button, but just a link designed to look like one. If I copy the link from the button, and paste it directly into the URL, it works just fine.

Steps that I’ve taken thus far to attempt to resolve this:
    1. Disabled all plugins – Still broke.
    2. Edit the URL to remove the redirect after _wpnonce…. – messed that up horribly.
    3. Upgraded from WP v3.5 to 3.5.1 – still broke.

This has become incredibly aggrevating, as I can’t publicly advertise this site until this is fixed. Any help at all is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
    Mike

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Are you running the Bulletproof Security plugin or another security plugin that writes to the .htaccess file?
    I’ve seen this a few times with some security plugins.
    If you are, you can test it by deactivating them temporarily and FTP’ing to your server and delete the .htaccess file.
    Simply re-save your permalinks back in the admin area, and a new .htaccess will be created.
    Now try it and see if you get the same problem.

Thread Starter Kal

(@mjohnson025)

Thank you for your quick response!

I added the WP Better Security plugin after this was happening, as an attempted fix (it is inactive). I did actually delete the .htaccess file earlier, and it is still doing it.

OC2PS

(@sooskriszta)

Kal, did you ever find a solution to this?

Thread Starter Kal

(@mjohnson025)

Actually, I was using a supposed “premium” theme at the time. It had a number of bugs throughout the site, so I simply started from scratch with my own new theme and all related bugs were fixed.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘403 Forbidden on logout’ is closed to new replies.