• Resolved aptharsia

(@aptharsia)

When Falcon Engine is enabled, I get a HTTP 403 Forbidden, saying “This website requires you to login in.” and I cannot view the website at all. Disabling Falcon Engine, it works again. I know this is a new feature, did anyone else have this problem when enabling it?

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordfence/

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Plugin Author Wordfence Security

(@mmaunder)

Hi,

It sounds like there is already something in your .htaccess file that is incompatible with falcon. If you’d like to email your .htaccess file to me I’ll take a look. My email is mark at wordfence dot com. Include a link to this forum discussion so I know what we’re talking about.

Regards,

Mark.

naikstercom

(@naikstercom)

Yes i get the 403 Forbidden Error too when I enable the Falcon Engine cache.

I’m using the All In One WP Security plugin as well but disabled it and it still gives me the 403 Forbidden error when I activate the falcon engine.

Any solution?

Plugin Author Wordfence Security

(@mmaunder)

Hi,

The issue here is that you have blocked your own IP address and then enabled Falcon. Not sure why you were able to access your site before you enabled Falcon. So do this:

Go to whatsmyip.org to find out what your IP address is and make a note of it.

Then enable Falcon and you’ll be blocked presumably. Make a copy of your htaccess and examine it to find out if your own IP address appears in there. If it does then the issue is that the list of blocked IP addresses within Wordfence includes your own IP address. Go to blocked IP addresses within Wordfence, find your IP and remove it.

Then disable Falcon and restore the htaccess you backed up.

Regards,

Mark.

Thread Starter aptharsia

(@aptharsia)

No, my IP is not blocked. My IP does not appear anywhere in the htaccess, with or without Falcon enabled.

Thread Starter aptharsia

(@aptharsia)

I cleared everything in my htaccess, activated Falcon and still got the 403 error.

I also noticed that when I am in the Live Traffic view, I can click on an IP to see where they’ve gone and it doesn’t list the links they’ve visited every time. I have “Disable Wordfence Cookies” unchecked. When I reverted back to the previous WF version, clicking on the IP address displayed the links they visited.

(@mmaunder)

OK thanks. I’d like to stick to one poster and one issue at a time. So aptharsia: Did you email me your .htaccess? Can you send me the one that falcon creates when it’s enabled. Please do so and then update this post and include this thread’s URL in your email.

Regards,

Mark.

Thread Starter aptharsia

(@aptharsia)

Yes, I emailed it to you with the link back to this forum, you replied and said thanks. The htaccess I sent you was the one with Falcon enabled.

(@mmaunder)

Thanks, I took another look at it.

You have a lot of rules in the htaccess that are not generated by us. I’ve looked through our rules and confirmed they were written correctly and there’s nothing there that would generate a 403.

Looks like there are a few rules below ours that are related to 403 errors and that may be the issue.

In the htaccess you sent me everything below the line:

# END WordPress

Is not generated by us, so I’d investigate whatever is generating those rules.

Regards,

Mark.

I’m too having this problem, yet I decide to del the plugin through the ftp, but when I reupload again still getting banned, 403 forbidden.

Then, I go to phpmyadmin and del the 18 table of wf, problem solve for a while then getting banned again, I repeatedly change and edit my htaccess with the default rewrite rule from codex, when getting banned again, I edit back, edit and edit htaccess with the default rewrite rule.

So then I feel tired and stupid, I decide to deactivated my hide my wp plugin, install Wordfence from plugin installer (because when I del the table, the setting and api key won’t show and stick when install through plugin installer it’s working).

And …

My site gone alive and no more Forbidden Error 403 with:
    Del all Wordfence Database Table.
    Del Wordfence folder through ftp.
    Deactivate any plugin that hide wordpress file.
    Install Wordfence through plugin installer.
    Setting the falcon Engine.
    Then I’m deleting my entire all off my browser cookies and cache (Opera, Chrome, Ie11, Mozilla, Aurora).
    Zaaappp.. My site are alive, yeayyy!!! Running with God of Speed Falcon Engine.

So for final solution to all, I suggest to you del your entire cookies, especially the browser that you are using to login to your wordpress site. And the most problemtrouble browser are Google Chrome!!!

please mark this topic solve.

I’m waiting if you are able to make Falcon Engine merge with Google Drive As CDN with multiple account support and I believe no other will beat your cache plugin as god speeding website.

Michele

(@michelejolie)

Help!

I cannot login to my website after installing wordfence… I have no idea why and don’t know how to fix this. this is the error I get and all I want to do is cry since I’ve been working so hard and now can’t even get in. my website is michelejolie.me

Forbidden

You don’t have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache Server at michelejolie.me Port 80

@michele – see this:

https://support.wordfence.com/support/solutions/articles/1000010693-i-ve-locked-myself-out-of-my-site-i-ve-tried-the-email-unlock-feature-and-it-didn-t-work-what-shoul

If you need additional help, you need to start your own thread – this one is months old and already marked resolved.

You can start a new one here:

https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/wordfence#postform

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘403 Forbidden’ is closed to new replies.