Forums

[resolved] 403 Forbidden (6 posts)

1. eljkmw
    Posted 3 years ago #

The 'www' and 'non-www' domain name has resulted in the following error:

403 Forbidden
    nginx
    -----

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /tmp/.f13da4b0a6b796bcdb7a2e6c84830d83:8) in /home/cosmospa/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 890

Please advise on how to resolve this 'glitch' soon. Thank you in advance.

2. esmi
    Forum Moderator
    Posted 3 years ago #

3. eljkmw
    Posted 3 years ago #

Hi esmi,

Thanks for the link. Apparently I found that my website's wp-config.php had a lengthy base64 codes at the top, and I removed it completely after referring to the link's information and cross-referencing with other of my websites' wp-config.php. Strange that this occurred. I'm puzzled ...

Unfortunately, this solution still doesn't work, whenever I key-in a 'www' versus a 'non-www' domain name =(

4. esmi
    Forum Moderator
    Posted 3 years ago #

5. eljkmw
    Posted 3 years ago #

Hi esmi,

I doubt it's a hack. Instead, I suspect that my hosting provider has installed the "nginx" webserver recently, which resulted in this. The strange thing is that some of my clients' website aren't affected.

Would you have any other guesses to this issue?

Cheers,
    Jason

p.s.: By the way, I notice that one of my client's website wp-config.php often has an 'insertion' of base64 codes at the beginning of the file. Removing it solved the problem.

p.p.s.: I'm puzzled if wp-config.php ends with "?>" or not. My guess without "?>", hacks might occur. Correct me if I'm wrong =)

6. eljkmw
    Posted 3 years ago #

On the contrary, the "nginx" webserver ISN'T the cause of this problem. Apparently, as far as I noticed, the wp-config.php file DIDN'T end with a PHP closure, i.e. "?>", which could have resulted in a HACK.

I've closed the wp-config.php file with "?>", and added a security level listed in .htaccess (see, http://www.wpsecuritylock.com/wordpress-security-tip-how-to-protect-the-wp-config-php-file/).

As for the "Warning: Cannot modify header information ...", in my case, WP had a conflict with one of the cached files in my web-hosting 'tmp' folder. That was immediately resolved by clearing out those unwanted cached files.

I'm feeling relieved that these are sorted. New problems = New solutions = New experiences learned

=)

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic