• Hi there,

This morning my site suddenly stopped being able to accept comments. Every time anyone tries to leave a comment, they get Error 403 – Forbidden with a note under it that says “You don’t have permission to access the requested resource. Please contact the web site owner for further assistance.”

I have experienced the same problem when I try to leave a comment, even when I am logged into Word press. FWIW, I am using the standard wordpress comment form, no special form or plug in.

I spoke with my web host and they said my site is not generating any error logs and it is not coming from the htaccess file so it is nothing on their end.

Does anyone have any idea what this might be and what else I can try?

FWIW, I had a plug in apparently go bad yesterday and generated a ton of errors and I have disabled that but that didn’t’ solve the commenting problem. But maybe that created some sort of bigger issue? I don’t even know where to start here.

Thanks so much for any help you can give. Julie

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Have you tried:

– deactivating all plugins to see if this resolves the problem. If this works, re-activate the plugins one by one until you find the problematic plugin(s).

– switching to the default theme to rule out any theme-specific problems.

resetting the plugins folder by FTP or PhpMyAdmin. Sometimes, an apparently inactive plugin can still cause problems.

Why are you using an old copy of WordPress? Were you aware that your site is currently running a very real risk of being hacked? You need to upgrade WordPress asap.

Thread Starter JayHJay432

(@jayhjay432)

Thank you so much. I will definitely try all three of those.

As for the older version of WP, yes, I totally agree. I just noticed it was out of date before I posted this question and I wanted to back up my site before making any changes. Then of course I had to run out for a while, but now that i am back that will be the first thing I do and then try the other options. Thanks!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘403 Error when leaving comments’ is closed to new replies.