WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

[resolved] 403 error in theme editor (7 posts)

1. Polyakov
    Posted 8 years ago #

After upgrading to WP2 I have 403 error after I hit 'edit page' button in Theme editor, while I tying to edit any template. Strange, but css file causes no error on edit. I have tried to dig through this forum, but haven't find any answer. There are few threads related to 403 error after attempt to login, but in my case everything works well... Theme files are set to 666, nothing helps.

2. Polyakov
    Posted 8 years ago #

I reinstalled wordpress and have 403 error each time I attempting to post or edit any article. There no words like curl on my page.

3. Righton
    Posted 8 years ago #

I get a similar issue on my blog.

On one blog, if I attempt to edit a post I get the error... on the other, if I edit any Theme template minus the stylesheet.

The error I get is:

Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /wp-admin/theme-editor.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

4. crazydelta
    Posted 8 years ago #

I have the same issue.

5. roberlan
    Posted 8 years ago #

I having exactly this problem too with my blogs, when i try to put any script on the header or sidebar (delicious link rolls, scripts from plugins, etc), but i´m able to edit all the other files normally. What´s wrong? i can´t find a answer to this question...

6. Polyakov
    Posted 8 years ago #

A cause was upgrade of security on the server.

7. MyGoToOffice
    Posted 8 years ago #

I suddenly began experiencing this problem today. I can edit all pages EXCEPT sidebar.php (I could earlier). When I try to edit, I receive the error:

"You don't have permission to access /wpblog/bobg/wp-admin/theme-editor.php on this server.

"Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Permissions on all files are currently set at 666.

I can edit the file through CPanel.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic