WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

403 eorror when trying to open my site ! (7 posts)

1. tommyoh
    Posted 6 years ago #

I haven't been able to find an answer for this. I hope someone can help me. When I try to open my blog and screen popps up with 403 forbidden. It's been like this for three days. I can't even get to the login page, the same message pops up. It's like I have been locked out somehow. Yahoo, my host, has been pretty useless so far.
    Is there anythiong I can do to get back control of my site?

2. cryonics
    Posted 6 years ago #

Seems to be a server problem. Access forbidden: maybe the access rights to read at root level. Read it in FTP mode with filezilla.

3. tommyoh
    Posted 6 years ago #

Thanks Cryonics for the response. Bit of a idiot here, what should i read in ftp mode? Just got off the phone with yahoo and now I don't get the 403 error just a white screen.

4. mrmist
    Forum Janitor
    Posted 6 years ago #

Do you use an older version of the Bad Behavior plugin? If so you may need to update it.

5. tommyoh
    Posted 6 years ago #

no

6. tommyoh
    Posted 6 years ago #

The 403 message no longer appears. yahoo says it has something to do with the php which i haven't touched and was working fine for the past two years.
    Even if so I cannot get into my wordpress control panel. If i deleted the entire blog and started over would this work? I would hate to loose all my work.

7. whooami
    Posted 6 years ago #

yahoo is having trouble today, this weekend, whatever..its been mentioned in other threads.

yahoo hosting sucks, they should have stuck to being a search engine.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic