WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

[resolved] 4 questions about Comments: quotes, forms, and more (4 posts)

1. Xaximus
    Posted 4 years ago #

Example page: http://www.gamerkore.com/2010/06/30/hello-world/

I'm using the Mystique theme.

1. If someone enters an e-mail address but does NOT enter their name, the default name text field ("Name (required)") will post as the author of the comment. How do I keep that from happening?

2. The quoted text of a comment isn't wide enough for my liking; how do I make it wider?

3. How can I change the font color of the default text in the comment input fields (name, e-mail, etc.)? I couldn't find anything in the CSS files.

4. When someone selects a comment input field (name, e-mail, etc.), the width of that field increases until a different field is selected. How do I keep that from happening?

Thanks!

2. digitalnature
    Posted 4 years ago #

1. replace the comments.php file with one from a older version of mystique. try 2.3 from here

2. style the blockquote

3.li.comment input{ ... }

3. set a fixed width for the comment input, or remove the bold/italic properties from .clearFieldBlurred and .clearFieldActive classes

3. Xaximus
    Posted 4 years ago #

A reply from digitalnature him/herself; thanks!

#1 & #2 are now taken care of. I decided not to bother with #4, as I like the text bold.

#3 is still eluding me. I didn't find an existing line with "li.comment input", so I added a line, and inserted {color:#000}. Nothing happened, unfortunately; the default text in the input field ("Name (required)") is still the same color, and still too difficult to read. Am I missing something?

4. Xaximus
    Posted 4 years ago #

Update: found it!

.comment-form input{color:#000;}

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic