WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

4 posts on a page + continue reading function (6 posts)

1. cyriljonas
    Posted 7 years ago #

Hello,

With wordpress I've found some themes that showed multiple posts on one page but they were next to each other like this:

post.................................. post
    post.................................. post

Does somebody now how that code looks like or where I can read about it? Beause it was pretty much embedded in those themes.

They also have an option when writing a post called: More, when I add more after some text it will automtically show on the page where you can read the post: Continue reading this entry and I just want it to say: 'Read on" or "More". Where can I change this?

Thank you very much!

Cyril

2. cyriljonas
    Posted 7 years ago #

I've looked at the_content and added the rule but it didnt change anything.

3. moshu
    Posted 7 years ago #

http://themes.wordpress.net
    Look for Hemingway - and study how it is done.

4. cyriljonas
    Posted 7 years ago #

Studied it but it doesnt explain how I can change the link to more or read on... They also use a different way with embedded functions to get those posts next to eachother, a way I dont understand, I just cant simply copy and paste it.

5. cyriljonas
    Posted 7 years ago #

Hmm, maybe I will just use Hemingway since it kinda looks like what I want too. But I wonder if there is any php code so it will automtically will say: Read on for example after 300 characters?

6. cyriljonas
    Posted 7 years ago #

Never mind, the excerpt works fine for me 55 words is okay. Still got one question though, What kind of browser do you use? Because when I take a look at http://www.noordkopwaterpolo.nl/backup/ I see them all the posts under each other but when I was at school today it worked just fine? Does anybody know how I can fix this? I am using I.E. 7.0

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic