WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

[closed] 4 months of posts missing after auto upgrade (11 posts)

1. jbevans
    Posted 4 years ago #

I just completed the automatic upgrade to 2.8.4. The script said everything was upgraded successfully, including the database, and reported no errors.

Now however, the site is missing about 4 months worth of posts, 4 months worth of media and a theme I added within the past 4 months. Prior to this upgrade the site was in working order.

I did backup files before the upgrade so I am (I hope) in good shape but I need to know exactly what to do from here.

Thanks
    Bryant

2. S.K
    Posted 4 years ago #

Did you check up the files through FTP? The process of upgrading WP does not erase the files in your web space, other than replacing the core WordPress files. Your media files would reside in the uploads folder under wp-content, if you had followed the default setting.

Otherwise you can import the backed-up database and restore the posts.

S.K

3. Samuel B
    Posted 4 years ago #

I would delete the .htaccess and regenerate permalinks
    admin settings - permalinks
    sometimes the url rewrite rules get messed up

if you do need to install the db backup
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Restoring_Your_Database_From_Backup

4. jbevans
    Posted 4 years ago #

Ok, thanks guys. I have checked and the media files and the missing theme are all accounted for in their proper places. I will grab the backed up db and reinstall this afternoon.

Thanks

5. jbevans
    Posted 4 years ago #

Just finished the import of the backup and it worked perfectly. All seems to be in order although I will be searching through looking for errors.

I appreciate the rapid responses and assistance. That's much of the reason why I enjoy working with WordPress.

Bryant

6. jbevans
    Posted 4 years ago #

This issue is not resolved.

For some reason, I am back to where I was with about 4 months of posts missing. When I view my site I see an old theme with a post from May 20, 2009 at the top.

When I browse the database directly (through phpMyAdmin) I see my recent posts in the database and my recent media additions are in the proper subdirectory on my site. However I can see none of the recent material on my site.

I have restored the database from backup and thought that fixed the problem but it did not.

I have repaired the database from phpMyAdmin but that did not correct the problem.

I have analyzed the database with phpMyAdmin and it shows "OK."

I have wp-supercache installed and have tried disabling it but that makes no difference.

A few days earlier my site was disabled by my hosting company for using too many cpu cycles. When it was returned to service the database had crashed. I repaired it and everything looked fine until this began.

I am running 2.8.4 on a Thesis theme.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

7. jbevans
    Posted 4 years ago #

Bump please

I am still having the same problem. I can "see" the data for the more recent posts in the database but it does not display on the site. A visitor to my site sees it as it was 4 months ago.

Suggestions please?!

8. Samuel B
    Posted 4 years ago #

I would delete the .htaccess and regenerate permalinks
    admin settings - permalinks
    sometimes the url rewrite rules get messed up

9. jbevans
    Posted 4 years ago #

Still not working and I did that.

Where can I find someone to fix this - I will pay.

10. figaro
    Posted 4 years ago #

If you email me within the next 30 minutes or so, I'll look at it -- no charge. If you want, Email your web address and account login details to educhalk [at] gmail [dot] com

11. Samuel B
    Posted 4 years ago #

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic