• I have four different categories and for each different categories I have a separate page. What I would like on my front page is a 3 newest posts to be displayed under a heading.

So for example:

Cat1 Updates:
    Post 1
    Post 2
    Post 3

Cat2 Updates:
    Post 1
    Post 2
    Post 3

and so on…. how do I do that.

Please help. Thank you

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You may be able to accomplish this with four (4) instances of my plugin, BNS Featured Category. Each instance of the widget would be used for each specific category. The default post limit also happens to be 3.

Here is the extend link: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/bns-featured-category/

Thread Starter pixelrow

(@pixelrow)

Thank You – I will try it.

This is a great piece of code, and something that will prove very useful if only it was not a widget, I want to place it in another area of my site, but I’ve not got a clue how to do this, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

This in you index.php could work, but please review Stepping Into Templates, and Template Hierarchy to get a better feel for future changes you might make.

<?php
    //for each category, show 3 posts
    $cat_args=array(
      'orderby' => 'name',
      'order' => 'ASC'
       );
    $categories=get_categories($cat_args);
      foreach($categories as $category) {
        $args=array(
          'showposts' => 3,
          'category__in' => array($category->term_id),
          'caller_get_posts'=>1
        );
        $posts=get_posts($args);
          if ($posts) {
            echo '<p>Category: <a href="' . get_category_link( $category->term_id ) . '" title="' . sprintf( __( "View all posts in %s" ), $category->name ) . '" ' . '>' . $category->name.'</a> </p> ';
            foreach($posts as $post) {
              setup_postdata($post); ?>
              <p><a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>" rel="bookmark" title="Permanent Link to <?php the_title_attribute(); ?>"><?php the_title(); ?></a></p>
              <?php
            } // foreach($posts
          } // if ($posts
        } // foreach($categories
    ?>
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘4 Different categories displaying 3 newest posts’ is closed to new replies.