WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

3.7.1 HTTP Error (7 posts)

1. jamcmanu
    Posted 9 months ago #

I'm receiving an "HTTP error" message when trying to upload an .mp3 file. It goes all the way to 100% and then it stops and shows me the error. I could really use some help on this.

2. kmessinger
    Volunteer Moderator
    Posted 9 months ago #

Do you have a link to the file in question?

3. jamcmanu
    Posted 9 months ago #

I don't have a link because it hasn't uploaded onto my media library. Just giving me the error. No description. No anything.

4. jamcmanu
    Posted 9 months ago #

It's not letting me upload it to the media library so I don't have a link. It just gives me the error. No description.

5. clarkedesign
    Posted 9 months ago #

I'm getting exactly the same issue.

Works fine on some websites but not other another.

Try to upload using either of the media file uploaders and get either "500 Internal Server Error" or "HTTP error"

Looked around various forums and some are suggesting that it's the hosting platform that may be the issue. Other suggest the .htaccess file.
    Tried all of the suggestions for the .htaccess file to not avail.

Not sure what to ask my hosts ?

6. esmi
    Forum Moderator
    Posted 9 months ago #

@clarkedesign: As per the Forum Welcome, please post your own topic.

7. Han
    Posted 9 months ago #

I think this has to do with WordPress reading media metadata (Exif, ID3 tags, etc.) and storing them into the database. WP crashes while crunching (or reading in these data).

I use NextGen Gallery plugin and received "internal server error" when crunching (creating thumbnails) for uploaded photos. It was interesting to see some photos go through successfully while others do not. I thought it was the GD library or some Apache setting causing the issue. So after a week of upgrading PHP, MySQL, GD library, etc., what I did was commented out the functions in NextGen Gallery plugin that reads in the Exif metadata, and everything went smooth afterwards.

This same concept may apply to the media library and how it reads in the uploaded files.

You must log in to post.

About this Topic