• The 3.7 update changed the way this argument performs from a “begins with” to a “contains” string. While I understand the reasoning behind the update… (ticket 8214), the “begins with” argument was useful for creating alphabetical lists of terms, and when used in combination with the multi column taxonomy list plugin, it was very easy to implement.

So… if there’s a request or gripe (minor) it would be this: The original ticket was 5 years old. It seems like in this case, because of a long period of accepted usage of the argument, the WP core might have been better served by an additional argument to get_terms() rather than a change to the existing one.

Just my two cents… from someone who’s grateful for WP and all the hard work that goes into it. And if anyone has a point in the right direction on how to get the alphabetical term list functionality back, it would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    JW

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Moderator keesiemeijer

(@keesiemeijer)

I agree, now it basically does the same as the “search” parameter and it is not backward compatible. I created a plugin to reverse it back.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The topic ‘3.7 Update — get_terms () — name__like’ is closed to new replies.