WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

3.6 Update - now add media function not working (9 posts)

1. paperangeldesigns
    Posted 12 months ago #

Has anyone else had this issue? It's only started since I've upgraded, everything else is perfectly fine. Now I can no longer add media to a post.

I've tried deactivating plugins, reloading etc. I've tried a different theme, and to no avail.

My page is http://www.paperangeldesigns.com for any ideas.

Many thanks!

2. WPyogi
    Volunteer Moderator
    Posted 12 months ago #

Try (again) deactivating ALL plugins and switching to the twentytwelve theme with them all deactivated.

3. paperangeldesigns
    Posted 12 months ago #

Thanks for your help WPyogi, I'm afraid this doesn't change things. The link to add either insert media/create gallery/set featured image in the bottom corner still remains un-clickable.

I appreciate your help very much!

4. WPyogi
    Volunteer Moderator
    Posted 12 months ago #

Okay, so we'll need to deactivate those plugins by renaming the plugins folder using FTP -

wp-content
        pluginsHOLD

Also switch to twentytwelve before doing that.

5. paperangeldesigns
    Posted 12 months ago #

Tried again with the changes mentioned above in Google Chrome, and now works perfectly! Still won't work in IE, seems a bit strange?

Many thanks!

6. WPyogi
    Volunteer Moderator
    Posted 12 months ago #

Have you cleared your cache and cookies in IE? (Not too surprising - IE really is a troubled browser :) ).

7. WillowFarm
    Posted 11 months ago #

I've just noticed the same problem and I'm using the SmartBiz theme.
    I don't want to be changing the theme everytime I want to insert some new media.
    I hope the software team are looking into this gaff?

8. WPyogi
    Volunteer Moderator
    Posted 11 months ago #

@WillowFarm - per the forum guidelines, please start your own thread. There isn't a known problem with WP core - it's typically a plugin or theme issue, and those are temporary steps to identify the problem.

9. WillowFarm
    Posted 11 months ago #

Sorry about that.
    I'll start a new thread so the problem will show up more in the search engines ;-)

You must log in to post.

About this Topic