WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

[resolved] 3.6 post-format video -> display video player pre-save? (5 posts)

1. Anointed
    Posted 12 months ago #

I love the new video post-format where once you click publish, then you can see the video player itself. This has been a long time coming and makes it so much nicer.

Request:
    Right now, the only time I see the video player is after I click publish. It would be nice to be able to see the video player once a video url is entered into the metabox instead of waiting for the publish button press.

It would just make it that much easier to use knowing I have the right video url/embed code/etc prior to publishing.

*I love this new feature so much that I want to add the same logic to my post metaboxes. Is it fairly easy to reuse this new WordPress code in a metabox? If so, where is this new video post-format (display video player) logic located?.... thanks

2. They show on Post Preview for me... You have to save the post first, obviously, but they do show.

3. Anointed
    Posted 12 months ago #

They show for me also, but only after saving the post as you said. I was specifically talking about having the player displayed prior to having to save it so that if I got it wrong, I can make the change right away.

Just one of those little 'features' that would make it stand out even more.

4. Right now, the only time I see the video player is after I click publish.

Okay so we'll change that to save and not publish ;) Those are different things, and I was confused.

I think it's like site-meta, it doesn't get 'saved' so it's not displayable until it's been saved.

5. vegastriguy
    Posted 7 months ago #

I found out that in Safari.....the screen was blank so I now add a poster images to all shortcode:

[item] [video src="http://www.urldomain.org/video/videofile.mp4" height="105%" poster="http://www.urldomain.org/video/intro.jpg"]

You must log in to post.

About this Topic