• Hi:
    I’ve upgraded to 3.5.2 and now I’ve got lots of isuues in my admin panel:
    – The “insert/edit link” doesn’t work
    – It’s imposible to drag widgets in widgets panel
    – It’s imposible to drop down collapsable menus, widgets, panels,…

The problem is not related to one operating system or browser.
    Tested on Mac OS X 10.6.8, Safari and Firefox, and Windows 7, Internet Explorer…

My advice: don’t upgrade.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • don’t upgrade.

… and run a very real risk of being hacked? You should always keep WordPress up to date. Your current problems are specific to your site and/or server.

On some hosting environments, aggressive settings for the “mod_pagespeed” addon can break the javascript code and cause scripts to not be able to function. This can cause many problems, such as widgets not working, menus not being draggable, the customizer not working, or the media screens not being available.

To fix the issue, you will need to disable mod_pagespeed, or adjust its settings to not take effect in the wp-admin directories. You may need to ask your hosting service for help on how to do this.

Thread Starter vjyoyo

(@vjyoyo)

Thanks esmi.
    I’ve updated always the same way in the same site and/or server without any problem. I’ve read others users having problems with this update, also in the backend. We can asume there might be an issue with this…
    So, based on my experience, my advice is to update using the next release, avoiding 3.5.2. (It’s normal to find issues. It’s not a problem assuming the fail..)

I’m not sure you understood. Millions of people are using WordPress 3.5.2 successfully. Very few have your problems. so the cause is within your site – not WordPress.

Thread Starter vjyoyo

(@vjyoyo)

If the updating procedure is followed based on wordpress.org guidelines and you find an issue…

Well, ok, I didn’t wanted to despise the work the developers have made in this. Lots of software are being releasing every day and all of them have issues. I guess I won’t get these issues with the next release,…, in the same server/site.

Given that the problem is inherent in your site, there is no guarantee that the next update of WordPress will correct it. You need to find the root cause. Did you contact your hosts about mod_pagespeed yet?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘3.5.2 Update issues’ is closed to new replies.