WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

3.5.1 trouble (6 posts)

1. GregJoes1
    Posted 1 year ago #

Has anyone else had the problem after upgrading to 3.5.1 that many of your menus different pages will not allow you to add posts within them? I upgraded to the newest version and half of menus will not let me add pages within them and if I go to add a page within the page tab it will gives me no way to put it back in the old menu. Any help?

2. WPyogi
    Volunteer Moderator
    Posted 1 year ago #

This would be the place to start with upgrading problems:

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/troubleshooting-wordpress-35-master-list?replies=4

3. David Kirkland
    Posted 1 year ago #

I'm having the same problem. Since I upgraded to 3.5.1 I can't upload images (even small ones) to my blog. Can someone help me with this?
    Thanks

4. GregJoes1
    Posted 1 year ago #

I'm still having the problem. I'll be more specific this time. The problem is on my dashboard. One the left hand menu bar I have a number of different menus. From top to bottom it reads like this, Dashboard, Carousel, Home Features, Media, Links, Articles, Pages, Publications, Comments, Appearance, etc.

So, in my article and publication sections, I used to be able to click on the menu bar and a drop menu would appear and I could push add new article. Now, everything is the same except it will not allow me to add a new page in these sections. The option is simply not given. How can I fix this problem so I can go back to posting within these menus?

5. WPyogi
    Volunteer Moderator
    Posted 1 year ago #

Did you try the steps in the thread posted above? Starting with:

Clearing any and all caches - browser, site, server.

Deactivating all plugins. If this works, re-activate the plugins one by one until you find the problematic plugin(s).

Switch to the default theme to rule out any theme-specific problems.

Reset the plugins folder by FTP or PhpMyAdmin.

6. David Kirkland
    Posted 1 year ago #

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! The problem appeared to be just a matter of updating to the latest plug-in which, with great trepidation, I set about doing. I also - as you suggested - deactivated, then activated again, the other plug ins. Not sure which one worked but, thankfully, I am uploading my pictures again. Appreciate the quick note. Well done guys.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags