WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

3.5.1 issue (8 posts)

1. wwwcight
    Posted 1 year ago #

I've just updated to 3.5.1 and now the requests to the site are causing serious CPU overload. I've deactivated all my plugins, as I thought that might be the issue but its still not looking good. Clicking on any link spawns an apache2 process that takes 30% of the CPU and several other apache2 processes taking about 10% cpu or so says 'top' earlier today I was seeing load averages of 24 to 35 and I could not SSH in to the box at times. I would downgrade to version 3.5.0 which worked fine previously but I'm not sure how to achieve that without uninstalling the whole thing and starting from scratch.

2. Switch to the twentytwelve theme for a minute to kill off any php processes that are runnning amuck. Reboot the server, too.

3. CDNEditor
    Posted 1 year ago #

We're seeing the same thing. We have a dedicated set of servers for all of our WordPress sites and CPU spiked right after the 3.5.1 upgrades we did on the 27th of January. We've done everything including theme changes, reboots, database cleanups, you name it. It all started with the upgrade and we're not able to handle the user loads were used to.

4. esmi
    Forum Moderator
    Posted 1 year ago #

@CDNEditor: As per the Forum Welcome, please post your own topic. Posting in an existing topic prevents us from being able to track issues by topic. Added to which, your problem - despite any similarity in symptoms - is likely to be completely different.

5. wwwcight
    Posted 1 year ago #

Yeah did all that has been suggested, no difference, stopped and started apache, killed processes, checked htaccess, etc etc.

Its just not helping, annoying that there is no rollback option.

6. wwwcight
    Posted 1 year ago #

Oh and its already 2012 theme.

7. Do you have a database backup from before the upgrade? You can restore that and reupload 3.5 files and folders to go back.

8. wwwcight
    Posted 1 year ago #

Well about a month before... I'd loose a fair bit of content. That will teach me ehh.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic