• I have been working on this problem for 3 days and have stumped tech ppl at both bluehost and A2 hosting as well as the support forums for the theme. I’m hoping someone here can help me.

Keep in mind on the front end there are no issues. This is ALL in the dashboard. Before the updates, I was running WP 3.4.2 and Atahualpa 3.7.9 (theme) and everything worked correctly. Upon upgrading all my plugins, everything still worked. I then updated the theme and everything still worked. I update to WP 3.5 and the following happens:

– dashboard fly out menus do not fly out
    – I am unable to use the media uploader when in the edit page view
    – While I am able to select “Atahualpa Theme Options (ATO)” from under the Appearances menu, I am not able to select any of the options
    – I am unable to get the widget areas to open in the widget editing area

It was suggested I compare the phpinfo for a working sites vs. that of a non-working site. I did that and found that the “loading configuration file” was different, but apparently that isn’t the problem.

I thought it might be the .htaccess file, but I don’t know anymore. I’m at a complete loss and no one seems to have the slightest clue as to how to help me. I’m begging. PLEASE someone help!

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Have you tried:

– deactivating all plugins to see if this resolves the problem. If this works, re-activate the plugins one by one until you find the problematic plugin(s).

– switching to the Twenty Twelve theme to rule out any theme-specific problems.

resetting the plugins folder by FTP or PhpMyAdmin. Sometimes, an apparently inactive plugin can still cause problems.

– re-uploading all files & folders – except the wp-content folder – from a fresh download of WordPress. Make sure that you delete the old copies of files & folder before uploading the new ones.

Thread Starter Sarah78

(@sarah78)

esmi – thanks for the quick reply!

1. I have tried deactivating all the plugins and it does nothing.
    2. I switched themes and it does nothing.
    3. I reset the plugins folder and it does nothing.
    4. I deleted and then re-uploaded everything but the wp-content folder and I am able to get into ATO and everything else. BUT when I save updates to a page, instead of loading the same page – it loads a blank page.

Thoughts?

What happens if you switch to the Twenty Twelve theme now?

Thread Starter Sarah78

(@sarah78)

It does the same thing.

Try adding define('CONCATENATE_SCRIPTS', false ); to the bottom of your wp-config.php file (just before the require_once line).

Thread Starter Sarah78

(@sarah78)

I added the code and there’s no change.

Moderator t-p

(@t-p)

Does your browser has JavaScript enabled?

Thread Starter Sarah78

(@sarah78)

yes. Keep in mind this is only a problem on a few of the many sites I run all using the same theme and wordpress. Chrome is my default browser. But it’s something inside the WP install not the browser.

Try adding define('CONCATENATE_SCRIPTS', false ); to the bottom of your wp-config.php file (just before the require_once line).

Thread Starter Sarah78

(@sarah78)

emsi – as previously stated, I did that and nothing changed.

Have you tried using another browser? Another computer?

Thread Starter Sarah78

(@sarah78)

I tried reuploading the WP on the other sites that were messed up and they are all working perfectly now. I’m going to try again with the first one and see if it just didn’t “take” the first time. Thanks so much for your help!

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘3.5 update dashboard doesn't work right’ is closed to new replies.