WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

SoundCloud Is Gold
[resolved] 3.5 Support? (5 posts)

1. HoddzDJ
    Posted 1 year ago #

Hi all,

I know officially this plugin doesn't work with 3.5 but I was wondering if anyone has tried this with any success yet? I have installed it fine in 3.5 but when I use the shortcodes I don't get any joy what so ever. Do I have to have the user added to my settings page for me to display their SoundCloud tracks using a shortcode, or can I add any?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Regards, Ben Hodder.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/soundcloud-is-gold/

2. realtm
    Plugin Author

Posted 1 year ago #

Sorry, I just realised that the plugin doesn't work with 3.5 or higher due to the new media management that WP introduced.

Will work on it as soon as possible.

3. HoddzDJ
    Posted 1 year ago #

Hi realtm,

That'd be great. I managed to get the shortcodes working by disabling the shortcode from Jetpack. One thing that does interest me is the function to show the latest track from a user, and was wondering if I could email you to discuss how you acheived this? It's something I'd like to use on my non-wordpress site!

Regards, Ben Hodder.

4. realtm
    Plugin Author

Posted 1 year ago #

The whole plugin is using soundcloud api, there's a "request" that gives you various things like "latest", "favorites", etc... I think the best way to start would be check out soundcloud developper site:

http://developers.soundcloud.com/

PS: I don't have enough time to help you achieve that on your non-wordpress site.

5. realtm
    Plugin Author

Posted 1 year ago #

Just Tested the plugin and it works normally with the new WP 3.5. 3.5 just introduced a new layout as far I'm concerned.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.