WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

3.5 Issues After Upgrade (4 posts)

1. IngrainedMedia
    Posted 1 year ago #

Hello,

We run many WordPress instances and I've noticed some issues with at least 2 since the upgrade to 3.5. One of the main issues is the inability to type / access the editable fields in the Dashboard for Posts, Pages etc.

I've added the define('SCRIPT_DEBUG', true); to both wp-config.php files and some people said that alone fixed their problem but I did not get a fix at all.

On one of the other sites it seems to have de-activated or overridden the background slider we have on one of our themes.

Getting the Dashboard working is priority so we can make posts, edit pages etc.

I have viewed many other threads but none of the fixes for them seem to have fixed our problems and I saw that it was encouraged to post your own thread as everyone could have unique problems.

2. Tara
    Posted 1 year ago #

-Are you using BulletProof Security plugin? Or ever used it in the past and removed it?

-review this troubleshooting 3.5 post: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/troubleshooting-wordpress-35-master-list?replies=4

3. IngrainedMedia
    Posted 1 year ago #

Hello t-p, no BulletProof Security never has or was used.

Plugins have all been disabled.

4. Tara
    Posted 1 year ago #

Try these couple of things and see if helps:

- Open wp-config.php and add the following line before "That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging" Add this to your wp-config file (not the best solution, but now you may be able to use admin again): define('SCRIPT_DEBUG', true);

- add this to the wp-config.php file above the "stop editing" line so it looks like this:
    define('CONCATENATE_SCRIPTS', false);
    /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */
    Save that, clear your browser cache and cookies (do not skip this step, it will not work if you don't clear that out on your browser), re-login and try again. Also, make sure that your browser has JavaScript enabled.
    Codex: http://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Disable_Javascript_Concatenation

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic