WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

[resolved] [closed] 3.5 : Re-order images in Gallery broken (6 posts)

1. daniosauris
    Posted 1 year ago #

Trying to re-order images in the gallery page, I used to be able to drag and drop an image above or below but can no longer do that. I downgraded back down to 3.4.3 and it worked again, so it is particular to 3.5 as of today Oct 13

Now when I click on one of the images it selects the box around it but does not allow me to move it

Using "Rhea" wordpress theme
    http://www.danielmedini.com

This is my first post so please help me - if you need to see any code or screenshots whatsoever feel free to ask and I will post it- thanks.

2. Hi daniosauris,

When you're attempting to rearrange media items, are you using the popup accessed by clicking the old 'Upload/Insert' button, or are you instead using the new 'Beta Media' button?

If you're using the old 'Upload/Insert' button, you might want to try the new 'Beta Media' button as media handling in WordPress 3.5 is being completely overhauled.

3. TLCJohn
    Posted 1 year ago #

Hi there,

I am working on the same kind of thing, I can move the images around in to the right place within the media popup window, but when I save my work and look at the Gallery within the browser, the image have not changed position and are in the original uploaded position.

If I go back to the gallery and look at the position of the images. There they are correct! Help

Kind regards
    John

4. Bob Gregor
    Posted 1 year ago #

I'm seeing the same bug in the 3.4 branch. I can confirm the new WordPress 3.5 media experience WILL fix this bug when it's released.

5. tgski
    Posted 1 year ago #

I had the same problem. Deactivating Post Types Order plugin fixed it.

6. TLCJohn
    Posted 1 year ago #

Hi there tgski

I don't have this plug-in running on the current installation of WordPress.

Thank you for your thoughts.

John

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.