• Resolved pegasus1112

(@pegasus1112)

After installing WP 3.5, the flyout menus in WP were transparent. This was fixed when I installed another admin color plugin or used WP’s default colors.

It doesn’t look like this plugin will be updated, since the website link to the developer is broken.

I’m posting this so that if anyone else is having the same problem and has this plugin installed, that’s probably what’s causing it.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/easy-admin-color-schemes/

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Thread Starter pegasus1112

(@pegasus1112)

Oh rats! I spoke too soon. Sorry about the mistake! The problem is back again. I guess this plugin isn’t the culprit after all. It’s still true that with WP’s default color scheme, there is no transparency, but that problem is showing up with another admin colors plugin I installed.

I would just delete my previous message but I don’t see a way to do that. If I find out what the problem is, I’ll post again.

Edit the Admin Color Scheme and add this somewhere:

.wp-submenu {
    background-color: #FFF
    }

(Or whatever color you want the flyout to be)

I think that’s all you need.

Thread Starter pegasus1112

(@pegasus1112)

Thanks philoj! That seems to work. 🙂 I guess I’ll have to remember to do that again when there’s an update of the plugin.

Plugin Author Jick

(@jick)

Hello.

I’m very sorry you had issues with the plugin.

I also apologize for not responding sooner. I don’t actually check this forum often because I have never gotten many support requests here.

Also, as you can imagine, I make no profit from this plugin. It is something I created in my spare time some time ago. These days I do have a day job so I don’t have as much time as I used to for working on this plugin.

I have, however, been working on the next version recently. I’m updating the plugin to be fully compatible with newer versions of WordPress and also fixing some of the bugs.

The particular issue you were having is only an issue with the default color schemes that come with the plugin, not the plugin itself.

Unfortunately, there is no real good way to keep the default schemes up-to-date, as the styles on the admin side are constantly changing between WordPress versions. Every time there is a new version of WordPress I must go in and manually update each of the default schemes by hand. So, not a very easy process.

But, as I said, I will be updating the plugin very soon. I hope you might see this message and might give it a try when it comes out.

Thanks for using the plugin and I hope the issues haven’t caused you too much of an inconvenience.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘3.5 flyout WP menus are transparent’ is closed to new replies.