WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

3.5 Bug: Cannot Change Post to "Published" (10 posts)

1. ubercool
    Posted 1 year ago #

Upgraded last night. One post was immediately turned into "Scheduled." Could not change it back, the donut just keeps spinning.

2. k0nsl
    Posted 1 year ago #

Yeah, most people have this issue right now. I have not been able to resolve everything myself yet (media upload button does not function, and a lot of other stuff). At least I can move widgets now.

I'll post if I find something of use.

-k0nsl

3. kmessinger
    Volunteer Moderator
    Posted 1 year ago #

4. ubercool
    Posted 1 year ago #

I disabled every plug-in one by one, including Akismet, and tried to change the setting to "Published." No dice.

I also changed the theme to Twenty Twelve. Same result. What's interesting is that the "Published" option is not available in the "Edit" mode, only in the "Quick Edit" mode.

5. kmessinger
    Volunteer Moderator
    Posted 1 year ago #

Use this (really easy) to check for the javascript conflicts that are happening. http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Your_Browser_to_Diagnose_JavaScript_Errors

6. ubercool
    Posted 1 year ago #

I added the lines:

/* To turn script debugging on. */
    define('SCRIPT_DEBUG', true);

...as instructed to wp-config. Now I can't log into my control panel at all. It shows this message:

No Update Required
    Your WordPress database is already up-to-date!

...and then it send me to another one of my sites. Now what should I do?

7. ubercool
    Posted 1 year ago #

Never mind the last post, please ignore.

8. ubercool
    Posted 1 year ago #

Update: Rolling back to 3.4.2 allowed me to finally change the status back to published for a story. Definitely a bug you need to track down.

9. belljr56
    Posted 1 year ago #

I suddenly am having this same problem, I have deactivated all plug ins and still have the same issue. Has anyone figured out what is causing it.

10. WPyogi
    Volunteer Moderator
    Posted 1 year ago #

First see the links posted above - then after you've gone through those steps, you'll get better help if you start a new thread as suggested in the forum guidelines -
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Forum_Welcome#Where_To_Post

EDIT- please also do not post in multiple places - see the above re: posting in these forums.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags