WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

[resolved] 3.5 Beta 3 - Description field? (4 posts)

1. Marty Spellerberg
    Posted 1 year ago #

Forgive me if I've missed a note on this one, but it looks like the media Description field is gone?

On principal I'm totally OK with this, but what about legacy content that was put into that field previously? How will one get at it?

Going to keep testing, but just interested to know if anyone's got any info on this. Thanks!

2. Where do you expect the Description field? On the new Edit Media screen or in the new media dialog?

3. Marty Spellerberg
    Posted 1 year ago #

In the previous interface, Description (aka Content) was presented along side Caption (aka Excerpt) in the Add Media lightbox window. That's where I expected to see it again -- in what is now the grey column on the right-hand side of the lightbox.

But I do see now that it appears to be accessible by navigating through Media Library. It is labeled "Attachment Page Content" in that context. This is workable for me.

4. Andrew Nacin
    Lead Developer
    Posted 1 year ago #

It was too confusing to have so many fields — title, caption, description, alt. Reducing the one that really just doesn't help at all here was a good step toward separating out the workflows.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic