WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

[resolved] 3.5: Any way of retaining a post's gallery without embedding? (2 posts)

1. jstudios
    Posted 1 year ago #

It seems that now when you create a gallery for a post you must have it embedded on the post for it to retain it. I tried deleting the embedded gallery but after updating it it would reappear as embedded.

I'm using a car dealership theme that grabs the images from the post's gallery and creates a slideshow, but now I have the theme's slideshow PLUS the WordPress gallery under it.

Is there a workaround for this or am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: I managed to hide the gallery through CSS, but I wish there was a more proper way of doing it.

Also, the theme's slideshow is successfully grabbing the images from the gallery and displaying them, but not in the same order I have them under the gallery settings.

2. jstudios
    Posted 1 year ago #

It appears the system works as always, it just seems different because of the new process.

When I edit a post (car listing) and upload images while I'm at it, it will assign/relate those uploaded images with the current post being edited regardless of what you with them (add them to a galley, insert them, etc.)

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic