WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

3.4.1 Upgrade resulted in blank Admin screen (4 posts)

1. Januz99
    Posted 2 years ago #

When I try to log on to my Admin dashboard I am redirected to

http://www.floridakeyclub.com/wp-admin/upgrade.php?_wp_http_referer=%2Fwp-admin

The first thing I did was google the problem. I found plenty of search results, but many were outdated by 6 months to a year. From just looking at the url I imagine that the problem was caued by my recent upgrade to WordPress's v3.4.1 (I was in the dashboard the other day and did it that way). It is fortunate that at the very least the website seems perfectly fine to outside viewers, but I need to update some materials ASAP.

I have seen certain suggestions such as downgrading to an earlier version but that is not possible here because I do not think I have any recent backups.

How can I fix this? Prerabbly without losing the current content and theme I have.

Note: I have access to my site through FTP abut not my host panel (though I'm working on getting that from my collegue who is the one who has that information).

2. Krishna
    Volunteer Moderator
    Posted 2 years ago #

Can you tell the name of your hosting company?

3. Tara
    Posted 2 years ago #

Try:

- deactivating all plugins (yes, all) to see if this resolves the problem. If this works, re-activate the plugins one by one until you find the problematic plugin(s). If you can't get into your admin dashboard, try resetting the plugins folder by FTP or PhpMyAdmin. Sometimes, an apparently inactive plugin can still cause problems. If applicible, also remember to deactivate any plugins in the mu-plugins folder. The easiest way is to rename that folder to mu-plugins-old

- switching to the Twenty Eleven theme to rule out any theme-specific problems. If you can't log in to change themes, you can remove the theme folders via FTP so the only one is twentyeleven. That will force your site to use it.

- manually upgrading. If the above troubleshooting steps do not resolve the issue, try manually re-upload all files and folders EXCEPT the wp-config.php file and the /wp-content/ directory from a fresh download of WordPress. This should replace your core files without changing your content and settings in wp-config.php file and the /wp-content/ directory.. Read the Manual Update directions first!

4. Januz99
    Posted 2 years ago #

My hosting company is Dreamhost

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic