WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

[resolved] 3.4 Update Error has Locked me out of my Dashboard (7 posts)

1. DphnDr
    Posted 2 years ago #

I saw there was a new update, selected Update Now. The page froze for about 30 minutes. I finally tried to refresh, and now I cannot even log in to my Dashboard. I get a frightening Fatal error message when I try to go to my login page, and am unable to even log in.

MY WEBSITE IS NOW INACCESSIBLE AS WELL.

Never mind how unhappy I am about the problems this update has caused me and apparently many other people.

I need to get into the dashboard and restore my website. HELP!!!
    Daphne

2. MikeSunders
    Posted 2 years ago #

Go with an FTP client and delete the file .maintenance that might be on the root of the installation of WordPress.

Then, you might need to upload the WordPress files again (upload them with the FTP Client).

Hope this helps.

3. DphnDr
    Posted 2 years ago #

Mike, I'm so grateful for your response, but I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about - I'm not techie enough I'm afraid.

Are you saying that I need to go to my hosting company (I'm on JustHost) and delete the .maintenance file there, and then reinstall WordPress??

Many thanks,

Daphne

4. esmi
    Forum Moderator
    Posted 2 years ago #

Are you saying that I need to go to my hosting company (I'm on JustHost) and delete the .maintenance file there

Yes

and then reinstall WordPress??

No. Just re-upload all files & folders - except the wp-content folder - from a fresh download of WordPress.

5. DphnDr
    Posted 2 years ago #

Esmi I appreciate your help.

I'll come back and provide more info if these suggestions don't work.

Many thanks.

6. DphnDr
    Posted 2 years ago #

OK the manual reinstall seems to have worked. Thanks again.

7. esmi
    Forum Moderator
    Posted 2 years ago #

Excellent! :-)

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic