• Resolved Joseph Meyer

(@joemeyer)

Hello everyone.

I have upgraded to the most current version of WordPress on several sites. Only one currently has this problem (no other issues were realized during the other upgrades). Here is my situation:

– Deactivated all plug-ins
    – Manually re-installed 3.3.1
    – Ensured DB version was current
    – Deactivated theme and tried to access, yet was still unsuccessful
    – In conclusion, it is not a theme, plug-in, or database issue.

What else could be the problem?

Any help would be appreciated.

Blessings,

[No bumping. If it’s that urgent, consider hiring someone.]

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 61 total)
  • Thread Starter Joseph Meyer

(@joemeyer)

Unfortunately, I just turned the error log on. I don’t think it captured anything before today.

Anything else come to mind about what may be happening?

Thread Starter Joseph Meyer

(@joemeyer)

I spoke with a host expert and they informed me, “I am afraid that there are no such logs kept in the system and it is impossible for us to provide you with details.”

/sigh

What else could this be?

Blessings,

Can you deliberately force the “you do not have permission” error and see if anything is being added to the error log?

(@joemeyer)

I have been trying, but the log hasn’t mentioned anything yet. I’ll try again tomorrow and see if anything was contributed.

Thanks for all of your help!

I don’t normally suggest this for a live site but you could, temporarily, turn debug on and enable error logging and see if that helps at all.

(@joemeyer)

Here is the main error that shows in my log. Could this be the source of my issue?

[28-Feb-2012 15:18:54] PHP Warning: include(/home/www/mydomain.com/wp-content/advanced-cache.php) [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/www/mydomain.com/wp-settings.php on line 62

I currently have advanced cache disabled, and the file isn’t in my wp-content’s folder.

Blessings,

Have you checked the documentation for that plugin? Cache plugins often require extra steps when you deactivate or delete them.

I am stuck exactly at the same place as you JoeMeyer. Tried everything possible, yet no resolution. Where you able to solve the problem?

@mohdubaid.dj: Please post your own topic.

(@joemeyer)

Hey there.

I checked out my caching plug-in and did surgery on several files, but still to no avail.

Here is another error. Any idea if this could be causing it?

[01-Mar-2012 05:17:29] PHP Notice: wp_enqueue_script was called <strong>incorrectly</strong>. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until thewp_enqueue_scripts,admin_enqueue_scripts, orinithooks. Please see <a href="http://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress">Debugging in WordPress</a> for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.) in /home/www/mydomain.com/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3587

Blessings,

A bad plugin or theme.

(@joemeyer)

Interesting. I presume it’s a file from a plug-in that has been deactivated, but still remains somewhere.

Here is more information:

WordPress database error You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' COUNT(*) FROM wp_myprefix_usermeta WHERE meta_key = 'wp_myprefix_capa' at line 1 for query SELECT , COUNT(*) FROM wp_myprefix_usermeta WHERE meta_key = 'wp_myprefix_capabilities' made by do_action_ref_array, call_user_func_array, wp_version_check, count_users

What does that mean? Also, how can I identify which plug-in may be bad? I *deleted* them from my wp-contents/plugins folder.

Thanks for all of your help!

Blessings,

(@joemeyer)

I also changed my admin back to:

a:1:{s:13:"administrator";s:1:"1";}

Blessings,

EDIT: with the same results (no access to dashboard).

(@joemeyer)

I also tried to force switch themes, but I only result in a white screen (I changed the name of my primary theme to “NAME.HOLD”).

Does this help narrow down the issue at all?

Blessings,

I have had the same experience on several websites. What happens is if you are logged in as admin when you do the upgrade, after the upgrade you are no longer a user with administrator rights.

The only thing that works is for another user with administrator rights goes to users and then edits the “admin” user from subscriber to administrator.

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 61 total)
  • The topic ‘3.3.1 Upgrade "you do not have permissions to access this page"’ is closed to new replies.