WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

3.3.1 upgrade has added a margin to top of single.php page only? (10 posts)

1. lisa barron
    Posted 2 years ago #

Hello

I have recently upgraded to wordpress 3.3.1. For some unknown reason on my single post pages (single.php) a margin of around 20px is added to the top of the header on these pages only. Nothing has been changed in the css since before the upgrade when this problem did not occur.

This is my home page http://www.altdigital.co.uk with correct amount of margin at top

and this is a single post page http://www.altdigital.co.uk/temp/?p=524

Is anyone else having this problem? and does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks

Lisa

2. esmi
    Forum Moderator
    Posted 2 years ago #

Have you tried contacting the theme's developer?

3. lisa barron
    Posted 2 years ago #

I am the theme developer and I still can't figure it out. I was thinking it may be a bug with 3.3.1 maybe?

4. esmi
    Forum Moderator
    Posted 2 years ago #

Ah - I'm guessing that your theme uses absolute positioning and that this "margin" is CSS for the WP 3 Admin bar. It's not a bug. :-)

5. stewartanthony
    Posted 2 years ago #

Erm this has happened to the theme im using after ive upgraded. can anybody please make suggestions as to how i can reset the margin.

Thanks

6. esmi
    Forum Moderator
    Posted 2 years ago #

Please post a new topic.

7. lisa barron
    Posted 2 years ago #

Hi esmi
    My positioning is all relative so absolute positioning is not the problem

Thanks

8. Luke Rumley
    Posted 2 years ago #

@Lisa, tough to tell exactly what is going on from the front end (I would check single.php to see if anything different is happening to the HTML code on a single page vs. the home page.

However, when I downloaded the source and added inline styles to the <body> tag, it worked: <body class="single single-post postid-524 single-format-standard" style="margin: 0; padding: 0;">

Does that give you any new things to try?

9. ilijusin
    Posted 1 year ago #

Hi,

Have you found a solution for this problem?

I'm having a same problem. All the 'main' pages have a normal top margin (as set in stylesheet), but when I display a single post the top margin gets bigger.

10. esmi
    Forum Moderator
    Posted 1 year ago #

As per the Forum Welcome, please post your own topic. Your problem - despite any similarity in symptoms - is likely to be completely different.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic