WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

[resolved] 3.3.1: Prevent Visual Editor's Image Edit from removing styles (4 posts)

1. MarkRH
    Posted 2 years ago #

Using WP 3.3.1, if I add a custom style float: left; to the image editor in the Styles field it does keep it on the initial update. However, if I go back to edit the image, it removes that style that I added. I tried with both the TinyMCE Advanced plug-in activated and de-activated so it's not that plug-in causing it.

I want to use the style so that the image will float left no matter where the post content is seen.

I am using a Twenty Eleven child theme with nothing modified within the Admin parts and my role is that of Administrator.

I'm just wondering what I would need to do to keep it from removing the style if I click on Edit Image in the Visual Editor. It's just annoying especially if I forget to re-add it.

Thanks,
    Mark H.

2. MarkRH
    Posted 2 years ago #

Anyone? Lot of new things are posted so I figured it's easy for this to get missed.

3. esmi
    Forum Moderator
    Posted 2 years ago #

Do not use the Visual Editor if you intend to add any markup - including CSS. Use the HTML tab and stick to it.

4. MarkRH
    Posted 2 years ago #

Yeah, kind of what I figured. Have to do the same thing if I add any code snippets, which sometimes requires me to disable the visual editor completely in my profile.

Thanks..

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic