Support » Fixing WordPress » 3.3 Upgrade Broke the Admin Section

• I upgraded automatically to 3.3 and now the backend will not load. The frontend seems to be unaffected but all I get while trying to access the admin is this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function is_rtl() in /home/.../wp-includes/general-template.php on line 2102

Like I said, the front end works still. I can’t disable anything because I can’t access it through the backend.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Moderator Ipstenu (Mika Epstein)

(@ipstenu)

🏳️‍🌈 Advisor and Activist

Try deactivating all plugins (yes, all) to see if this resolves the problem. If this works, re-activate the plugins one by one until you find the problematic plugin(s). If you can’t get into your admin dashboard, try resetting the plugins folder by FTP or PhpMyAdmin. Sometimes, an apparently inactive plugin can still cause problems. Also remember to deactivate any plugins in the mu-plugins folder. The easiest way is to rename that folder to mu-plugins-old

Thread Starter DoocesWild

(@dooceswild)

Instead, I started deleting plugin folders one by one via ftp. After clearing all of the w3 super cache files, everything worked.

If you are running Pop Up Domination that was the plugin in that broke my admin area. This was the error message I got.
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function is_rtl() in /home/karencre/public_html/wp-includes/general-template.php on line 2102

Went in and fixed it by removing using FTP in the Cpanel. Admin came back immediately.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘3.3 Upgrade Broke the Admin Section’ is closed to new replies.