WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

3.3 HTML editor now uses monospaced font (11 posts)

1. fodden
    Posted 2 years ago #

After upgrading to 3.3. I find that the HTML New Post Editor uses a (small) monospaced font instead of the one that was used before (Lucida Grande, I think).

How can I change it to a (larger) non-monospaced typeface?

2. WP's been using that since 3.2 IIRC.

You can edit it by making a plugin: http://tech.ipstenu.org/hacks/wordpress-html-editor-font/

3. Peter Brock
    Posted 2 years ago #

I noticed the change too. For WP 3.2 I changed mine to Verdana with a fix by Justin Tadlock. Now 3.3 has done something to undo the fix, and the monospaced font is back.

No luck with Ipstenu's plugin. (I tried...fatal error).

4. dragonsjaw
    Posted 2 years ago #

That is a drag, just checked several sites I was using Justin's code on as well, all 1210 children.. and no joy. Hope someone cooks up the code needed to change this ... again.

5. fodden
    Posted 2 years ago #

You just need to change the hooks in the plugin/function CSS. So add #wp-content-editor-container #content to the mix. (I haven't checked to see how many of the old ids are still valid. I just added the new id to the style.

6. That's odd, Peter, I'm using it on my 3.3 site and it works just fine.

7. mtpollack
    Posted 2 years ago #

Thank you. Thank you thank you.

8. Kate Newbill
    Posted 2 years ago #

For anyone who needs an easy to use summary of how to fix the problem, I wrote a post that gives all the necessary code and how to implement either the "add lines to function file" or "create a plugin" methods (with full credit to Justin Tadlock and ipstenu). Hope it's helpful.

http://wpbonbons.com/tech-tips/fix-the-html-editor-font-in-wordpress-3-3/

9. dragonsjaw
    Posted 2 years ago #

Thanks!

10. Peter Brock
    Posted 2 years ago #

Thank you, fodden and clnewbill. The HTML editor has been restored to its readable self.

Ipstenu, I must have installed your plugin incorrectly. I put it in the regular plugins folder.

11. ReneODeay
    Posted 2 years ago #

I tried this fix, didn't work. got a blank page with a string of numbers across the top.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags