• i’ve been working in 3.3.1 since it came out and it is sooooooooo slow.

the front end is fine. the backend is absurdly slow. I’m still in the process of designing the site and as I’m tweaking the code, by the time the editor updates and then the front-end page loads to check what I’ve done, I’ve often forgotten what I was working on in the first place! (and I’m not senile yet!)

I’ve been reading a lot of posts about this issue but i haven’t found an actual solution. I’ve added caching, I’ve tried disabled all plugins, changed the theme back to twenty-ten and I’ve even changed hosts and nothing is working to fix the backend loading issue.

Any suggestions? Anything at all? I’m so fed up I’m honestly considering changing platforms.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • It’s the host. See Recommended WordPress Web Hosting

Thread Starter orangeena111111

(@orangeena111111)

I was using bluehost when the problem started. I moved to hostgator after trying two others. The site is slow everywhere.

What do you call slow? How many seconds load time?

Use http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/debug-objects/ to see what is running slow/eating memory. Bluehost is generally a very good host.

Thread Starter orangeena111111

(@orangeena111111)

Thanks, I’ll check out that plug in and see what I can come up with.

On average, it takes about 45 seconds to return a page on the backend, sometimes considerably longer.

the front end is decent. I wouldn’t say it’s fast, but it’s passable.

Usually slowness on the backend is caused by a theme or plugin which is querying some external resource and having trouble doing so. To test this, I’d suggest disabling all your plugins and switching to the twentyten or twentyeleven theme, then leave it that way for a while and see if performance starts to improve. When it does, you can re-enable your plugins/themes and start trying to figure out which one(s) are causing the problem through trial and error process of elimination.

Note that any plugin which adds features to the admin area itself is more likely to be a culprit. As for fixing up the front-end, try some optimization plugins like WP Super Cache, WP Smush.it, etc.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘3.3 backend is sooooooooooo slow’ is closed to new replies.