WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

3.3 admin slow but only on old sites (3 posts)

1. camling
    Posted 2 years ago #

Hello I am the admin of a WordPress multisite that is running 3.3.1

The front end of the site is working great, but the admin area is crawling, 15+ seconds. However when I create a new site on the multisite, its admin area is quick, just a second or two. Only the multisite sites that were not created, but upgraded to 3.3 seem to be effected.

I have uninstalled all plugins and reinstalled one at a time, no change. I've tried caching but with no help.

When I look with Firebug GET/wp-admin/ says that its whats taking so long, not any of the javascript or css calls.

So how can I speed up my admin areas of my older sites, and why are the new sites alright?

Thanks for your help. ~ Chris

2. antialias
    Posted 2 years ago #

Exact same problem here. The multisite database upgrade script failed without providing more information. The slowness is only present on wp-admin page loads for blogs created prior to the upgrade to 3.3.1. We were coming from 3.1.1.

We are still looking for a fix, so please let me know if you come across any clues.

3. camling
    Posted 2 years ago #

We were running our site as a development site behind an Apache password. When we removed the password protection to make the site go live the backend sped up a lot.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags